Website Research: Zaha Hadid Architects & Foster and Partners


 As I creating my own website, I will study two websites and compare and  contrast these. This website research will assist me in understanding how to create my own website so I will consider the overall design, colours and typography, navigation, usability/user-friendly




Zaha Hadid's Website

I find the homepage quite disorderly there does not seem to be a menu. The interesting thing about the website is that every user can change, drag and drop the page where they want. Signs on the edge of the screen help to view the company's projects.

Moreover, I liked the company's logo font. I want to use this kind of font to create my own logo on my website.

Norman Foster's Website

Foster's website isn't much different than Zaha's, but there are some differences. The Home page of this website uses a video of a recent project rather than an image. Of course, a video presentation can provide more information than a picture. Using video is also a great way for my website and I use it on my website.



Dji sky city

Hadid' Website

Every single project is covered the whole screen it serves to attract attention and fully demonstrate the project. Projects are given with all data and several real and concept pictures. 

Foster's Website

The website provides complete information about each project. My favourite part is using drones to showcase each project on the website. Drone videos are the best way to introduce projects, especially exteriors. In the future, I will use drones extensively to demonstrate my projects.




Then I noticed that contact page of company's website contains basic data, address and social media on the home page. It is easy and comfortable (each user can move it wherever they want) to find it.


Conclusion, I came to this conclusion when comparing the websites of these two great architects. Indeed, Hadid's projects are unique and you won't find buildings like them anywhere in the world, but when it comes to websites, Foster's website is more advanced and provides more complete information through not only pictures but also videos. However, there is still a lot to learn, but I took the most important aspects from both of these websites to create my first website.









Comments