Skill Development. Two Point Perspective

Using the two-point perspective drawing method, artists can give their drawings the appearance of depth and space. Two vanishing points are used in a two-point perspective creating to indicate depth and distance. 

We draw a house on an A3 sheet. It was fun and difficult to draw a barn house in two-point perspective. I could feel myself becoming more engaged in the activity as I started to sketch the horizon line and vanishing points, and my thoughts began to slip into a state of flow. It was satisfying to see the barn house appear on the page as each line and angle needed careful consideration. I enjoyed sketching in two-point perspective a lot. It gave me an awareness for the beauty of geometric shapes and angles and helped me to explore and understand the physical connections between various objects in the drawing.





Comments