Project Sign Off

 As I begin my architectural project, Spiders from Mars, I am excited to share with my teacher my progress and plans for completion. 

My project aims to combine the idea of a commercial building with the Spiders From Mars theme, catering to a target demographic of ages 3-70+. I have worked on four 2D designs using traditional architectural and digital drawing techniques. I am thrilled to use equipment and software to produce a 3D object using a laser cutting machine. My goal is to make an entertainment building that includes a cinema and shopping mall located in Houston, America, linked to the Space Centre.

Considering the location, we discussed the weather conditions and future-proof materials to withstand extreme weather events. Sustainability is also essential to me, and I am still researching the best materials to use that will meet this criteria. As my tutor gave me the idea, I have shaped the building's design based on the Bluebonnet Flower for Texas, which is a fitting tribute to the location.

I will research some of the most accomplished architects in the world, including Santiago Calatrava, Ito Toyo, Tadao Ando, and Hara Hiroshi. As part of my primary research, I will conduct focus groups and surveys to get feedback from the target demographic, which will help me improve the design.

My aim is to showcase the finished product in a digital portfolio, which will be displayed on my website as a flipbook. I have set a deadline for myself at the beginning of June, and I am confident I will meet it.




Comments